Tuesday, October 15, 2013

FO: Baby Sophisticate

My cousin is having a baby! The last time my cousin had a baby (different cousin!), I made a sweater, too. And baby Mallory just turned two this month!

And now it is baby Ali's turn. A sophisticated little sweater for a sophisticated little boy.

Baby sweaters are always fun to make. This one knit up super quickly (though I spread out the actual knitting over many months!), and it's obviously very cute and very worth the small amount of time I spent knitting it. Baby sweaters also don't have to be too perfect... I wasn't happy with the proportions on this sweater, the front buckled a bit weirdly, but for the most part this blocked out. It's such a little object, it's not going to make a big difference either way! It'll keep a baby warm, I know that for sure.


Pattern is the free and lovely Baby Sophisticate by Linden Down. Yarn is left over Cascade 220 superwash, in brown and green, knit on size 8 needles with love. Ravelry page here.

4 comments:

  1. Very Cute! Kitty just has to be in the picture, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be a very smart little baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute!!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made a similar looking baby sweater

    http://kokobaelle.blogspot.com/2013/11/deciding-on-details.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment!!