Wednesday, September 11, 2013

New Pattern: Walking Hood

I've heard that if there are items on your to-do list that you've been putting off... chances are that those items probably aren't very important to you, and you should just forget about them. If you're not excited to do it now, are you really going to be that much more excited to do it tomorrow? next week? next month?

With that in mind, I've been going through my long and extensive and mostly-in-my-head-only-partially-written-down "to do someday list" and getting rid of all the excuses I have for not getting stuff done. Publishing this pattern, for the hood I designed for Eric's walk, has been near the top of that list for a really long time, but faced with the choice of "do now" or "forget about" I knew I had to finish it up. I don't know why it took me so long - except that the hood means a lot to me. Creating it, for Eric, meant a lot to me, and I really just wanted to get it out there because I think it's a nice, solid pattern. And now it's available!


The hood is a quick and simple knit, just in time for fall. I think it'd be a great project for anyone who is still a beginner knitter, but it's definitely not too boring for a seasoned knitter. It's knit with about 400 yards of worsted weight yarn at a slightly dense gauge, to keep the warmth in and the chill out. It's roomy enough to fit a hat underneath for extra chilly days, and completed with an I-Cord drawstring tie.

If you want to check it out, you can head over to Ravelry or my Etsy shop.

Or you can buy it now!



Thanks so much looking. You guys are awesome.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. I bet he appreciates it greatly especially with cold weather coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Did you get my reply on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am MaggieTN on Ravelry. I was looking at the pattern she chose and it's a little more complicated than I thought. I think yours would be better for me to do. Thank you so much for being so generous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment!!