Tuesday, September 10, 2013

knit something

I haven't knit much, at all, lately. I don't know why. I could give explanations... I've been busy! I've been working what feels like non-stop (three cheers for a day off today!)! I've been cooking in my spare time, cleaning in my spare time, running in my spare time, reading in my spare time.....It's a crazy confession to say I "haven't been knitting" because so much of my time in the past, I don't know, ten or so years has been spent obsessing over knitting. To be without it, without that crazy desire to move my fingers around...it's been strange! And I've felt strange. So I made a goal for the month to make time for knitting again. I think it will be good for my soul.

So I set off this morning... brewed a pot of tea (I recently bought this kind for myself, and love it so much - heads up, it cost half that much at my local grocery store), put an audiobook on, and picked up some socks that had been lying on my desk unfinished for a very, very long time.


It feels so good to be knitting something again. I'm going to make a huge effort to allow time for knitting in the future, and see if I can fall back into my love for it again.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't knit yesterday and I felt weird all day and night...I might pull it out in a little while (if Little Man calms down enough). We'll see :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!!! I've been taking it easy because I've been knitting too much. So, I've been reading! I like catching up on my fav authors. The socks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment!!